Agility Foundation Class Starts
July 16 @ 6:00 pm - 7:20 pm$200.00
- Instructor: Dr. Kelly Chaffin (Learn about Kelly)
- Course Length: 8 weeks
- Cost: $200
- Location: All Dogs Sports Park, Lodi CA
- Day and Time: Monday evenings – 6pm to 7:20pm
- Working teams: 8 working teams
- Auditing: Not ready to sign up, but you would like to come to watch and learn?
- Sign-up for the 8 weeks in advance: $80.00 ($10 per session). No refunds for missed sessions
- Individual auditing sessions: $15.00 per session
This course is geared towards dog handler teams that are new to agility and agility training. The course will cover teaching the dog commitment to an obstacle, teaching the dog to focus on the handler, handling techniques foundations (front cross, lap turn, lateral push, tandem turn, rear cross), introduction to obstacles – jumps, weave poles, introduction to contact performance, introduction to the contact obstacles (A-frame, teeter, and dog walk), tunnels. Other training issues to be addressed based on needs of the class as a group. Dogs less than 1 year will only jump low bars (hock height- maximum).
Homework will be assigned after each class. 🙂 Homework will not require any special equipment.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations – Bordatella, DHLP, Canine Flu & Rabies vaccinations
- Agility is an off-leash sport. Most of the work will be done off leash, sometimes with several dogs working at different stations at the same time. If your dog is highly reactive towards other dogs, please contact the instructor before signing up. The agility training area is enclosed with a chain link fence.
Refund Policy/Class Attendance- There are no refunds available if you withdraw from your class. We are not able to provide compensation for missed classes during any session.